If you’ve ever endured having a dental impression made using liquid materials, then you know the process can be messy and unpleasant. For years, we’ve had no other choice but to use goopy trays to create dental impressions for restorative and orthodontic work. Now, we’ve taken the next step in creating a more convenient and comfortable experience for our patients with the iTero® Dental Scanner.
Implementing radiation-free laser technology, the iTero® scanner builds an incredibly accurate 3-D model of your teeth and gums. The scanner captures a 3-D image that includes every nuance of your oral cavity, making it easier and faster than ever to create impressions for dental crowns, bridges, veneers, and Invisalign® straightening systems. Some of the advantages of the iTero® system include:
- Less time spent in the dental chair
- An impression process that is quick and comfortable
- The ability to breathe and swallow normally during the scanning process
- No messy solutions or impression trays
- No unpleasant taste or residue on your teeth
- Less waiting time for restorations or Invisalign® aligners
- Extremely accurate 3-D impressions for a more precise fit of bridges, crowns, veneers, and Invisalign® aligners
- Digital images can be transmitted instantly and electronically
With our new scanner, if your dentist recommends a dental crown, you’ll be comforted in knowing the process will be quicker and more convenient than before.