2021 has arrived and COVID-19 remains in our midst. A vaccination in the near future appears to be a reality and hopefully will result in immunity from the health threats of this virus.
Phase 2 of Governor Baker’s Massachusetts reopening plan allows dental providers to cautiously resume all elective, non-urgent procedures and services, including routine hygiene appointments.
Although we have always strictly complied with The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for infection control in the dental setting, Premier Dental Concepts is committed and vigilant to mitigating the risks of exposure to Covid in our office and has instituted the following policies to protect our staff and patients:
• Our Staff is screened for Covid symptoms daily including a digital temperature before any contact with patients.
• Our Staff wear face coverings at all times in the office when in contact with patients or each other.
• Patients are asked to inform us of their arrival at our parking lot for an appointment, wait in their vehicles rather than in the reception room, and are then called to enter the office when their treatment room is ready.
• Patients are screened for Covid symptoms and have their temperature taken prior to treatment, and are required to wear a face covering before and following treatment.
• We utilize professional grade photo chemical oxidation air purifiers in each treatment room that destroy bacteria and viruses in the air. (see www.Molekule.com)
• Hand sanitizer is readily available in several locations.
• Touch surfaces such as counters, door handles and tablets are disinfected frequently during the day.
• We practice social distancing among both patients and staff.